The present hotel is erected on the site of the former hostelry, which was a wooden building dating back to the turn of the century. This old hotel was pulled down in the early thirties and the present hotel was built.
The original hotel was known as the Bucks Head however when the present hotel was built the name was changed to the Drysdale Hotel.
The hotel used to belong to the Volum Brewery but was taken over by the Carlton United Brewery in 1958 and then by Howard Turner who ran the hotel until 1965 when it was leased out.
The hotel has been leased and managed by the Leahy family since 1977.
- Categories: Hospitality Construction